About Sysdig Secure for cloud on AWS
Setup options, details, troubleshooting, and validation steps for the various cloud vendors under Installations - Cloud - AWS
- Threat detection based on auditing CloudTrail events
- Compliance Security Posture Management (CSPM), including CIS AWS Benchmark compliance assessments
- Container registry scanning for ECR
- Image scanning for Fargate on ECS
- Permissions and Entitlements management (CIEM)
Threat Detection Based on CloudTrail
Threat Detection leverages audit logs from AWS CloudTrail plus Falco rules to detect threats as soon as they occur and bring governance, compliance, and risk auditing for your cloud accounts.
A rich set of Falco rules, an AWS Best Practices default policy, and an AWS CloudTrail policy type for creating customized policies are included. These correspond to security standards and benchmarks such as: NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SOC 2, MITRE ATT&CK®, CIS AWS, and AWS Foundational Security Best Practices
CSPM/Compliance with CIS AWS Benchmarks
A new cloud compliance standard has been added to the Sysdig compliance feature - CIS AWS Benchmark. This assessment is based on an open-source engine - Cloud Custodian - and is an initial release of Sysdig Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) engine. This first Sysdig cloud compliance standard will be followed by additional security compliance and regulatory standards for GCP, IBM Cloud and Azure.
The CIS AWS Benchmarks assessment evaluates your AWS services against the benchmark requirements and returns the results and remediation activities you need to fix misconfigurations in your cloud environment. We’ve also included several UI improvements to provide additional details such as: control descriptions, affected resources, failing assets, and guided remediation steps, both manual and CLI-based when available.
ECR Registry Scanning
ECR Registry Scanning automatically scans all container images pushed to all your Elastic Container Registries, so you have a vulnerability report available in your Sysdig Secure dashboard at all times, without having to set up any additional pipeline.
An ephemeral CodeBuild pipeline is created each time a new image is pushed, which executes an inline scan based on your defined scan policies. Default policies cover vulnerabilities and dockerfile best practices, and you can define advanced rules yourself.
Fargate Image Scanning on ECS
Fargate Image Scanning automatically scans any container image deployed on a serverless Fargate task that run on Elastic Container Service. This includes public images that live in registries other than ECR, as well as private ones for which you set the credentials.
An ephemeral CodeBuild pipeline is automatically created when a container is deployed on ECS Fargate to execute the inline scan.
Identity and Access Management
As cloud accounts proliferate, excessive permissions can become a security risk and a management headache. Sysdig Secure for cloud provides a Permissions and Entitlements module under Posture, that allows you to:
- Gain visibility into all cloud identities and their privileges: get a comprehensive view into access permissions across all AWS users and services
- Enforce least privilege: eliminate excessive permissions by applying least-privilege policies to users and services with automatically generated IAM policies. Sysdig proposes policies based on analyzing which entitlements are granted versus which are actually used.
- Simplify audit of access controls to meet compliance requirements: use reports for regular access reviews to evaluate active and inactive user permissions and activity.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.