Currently, the Jira issue types you can open are Bug, Task and Story.
Configure Jira Ticketing Integration
Admin access to Sysdig Secure SaaS.
Log in to your Jira account and generate the API token from Atlassian.
- The API token must be created by the same User you input when creating a new Jira Ticketing Integration.
- The best practice is to set up the integration with a service account email rather than an individual’s email.
The Administrator with the Jira API token who is setting up the integration must have the following:
- Permission to access Jira.
- Administer Jira global permissions, or at least:
- Permissions to create issues in the Jira project associated with Sysdig.
- Permissions to create attachments in the Jira project associated with issues coming from Sysdig.
The Sysdig user who will create tickets in the UI must have one of the following:
- Administer Jira global permission
- Browse Projects permission for the Jira project associated with Sysdig
- Administer Projects permission for the Jira project associated with Sysdig
Set Up the Integration
Log in to Sysdig Secure as an administrator and open Settings > Ticketing Integrations.
The Connect Jira Account window appears.
Specify the following:
- Integration Name: A relevant name for the integration.
- Atlassian Cloud URL: Your Jira account URL. For example, https://myacount.atlassian.net.
- Email: The email address of the API token holder, which matches the email used in the Jira Cloud account.
- API Token: The Jira token you have generated.
The Jira integration will be listed on the Ticketing Integrations page with Active status.
Test the Integration
To use the integration, open the Sysdig Secure Home page and check an Identity recommendations, as described Open JIRA Tickets from Identity Recommendations.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.