You can easily identify the workloads in your team scope, the service discovered (such as etcd) within each workload, and configure the Prometheus exporter integration to collect and visualize time series metrics. Monitoring Integration also powers Alerts Library.
The following indicates integration status for each service integrations:
Reporting Metrics: The integration is configured correctly and is reporting metrics.
Needs Attention: An integration has stopped working and is no longer reporting metrics or requires some other type of attention.
Pending Metrics: An integration has recently been configured and has been waiting to receive metrics.
Configure Integration: The integration needs to be configured, and therefore no metrics are reported.
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites given in Guidelines for Monitoring Integrations to make the best use of this feature.
Access Monitoring Integrations
Log in to Sysdig Monitor.
Select Integration > Monitoring Integration in the management section of the left-hand sidebar.
The Integrations page is displayed. Continue with configuring an integration.
Configure an Integration
Locate the service that you want to configure an integration for. To do so, identify the workload and drill down to the grouping where the service is running.
To locate the service, you can use one of the following:
- Text search
- Type filtering
- Left navigation to filter the workload and then use text search or type filtering
- Use the Configure Integration option on the top, and locate the service using text search or type filtering
Click Configure Integration.
- Click Start Installation.
- Review the prerequisites.
- Do one of the following:
- Dry Run: Use kubectl command to install the service. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the tasks successfully.
- Patch: Install directly on your workload. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the tasks successfully.
- Manual: Use an exporter and install the service manually. Click Documentation to learn more about the service exporter and integrate with Sysdig Monitor
Click Validate to validate the installation.
Make sure that the wizard shows the Installation Complete screen.
Click Close to close the window.
Show Unidentified Workloads
The services that Sysdig Monitor cannot discover can technically still be monitored through the Unidentified Workloads option. You can view the workloads with these unidentified services or applications and see their status. To do so, use the Unidentified Workloads slider at the top right corner of the Integration page.
- Configure Default Integrations
- Application Integrations
- Collect Prometheus Metrics
- Custom Integrations
- Troubleshoot Monitoring Integrations
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.