Configure a Google Chat Channel
Sysdig Monitor allows you to send alerts to Google Chat using webhook integration. For example, you can configure an alert to notify on-call personnel on Google Chat when a Kubernetes cluster in your infrastructure goes down.
Configure Google Chat
To automatically push Sysdig Monitor alerts to the Google Chat, register the webhook in the Google Chat space where you want to receive messages, then copy the URL:
Open Google Chat in a web browser.
Create a Google Chat space you want to use for the webhook notifications.
Select the space that you have created for the webhook.
Click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the space, and select Manage Webhooks.
Specify the following:
Name: Specify a unique name for your webhook. For example, Sysdig.
Avatar URL: Optionally, specify the URL to the avatar image you might want to add to the webhook.
Copy the full webhook URL.
Configure Sysdig Monitor
- Complete steps 1-3 in Set Up a Notification Channel to log in to the Sysdig UI.
- Select Google Chat Channel.
- Enter the URL copied from Google Chat space.
- Specify a unique channel name.
- Shared With: Choose whether to apply this channel globally (All Teams) or to a specific team from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.