Sysdig Monitor allows you to send alerts to Google Chat using webhook integration. For example, you can configure an alert to notify on-call personnel on Google Chat when a Kubernetes cluster in your infrastructure goes down.
Configure Google Chat:
To automatically push Sysdig Monitor alerts to the Google Chat, register the web hook in the Google Chat space you want to receive messages, then copy the URL:
Open Google Chat in a web browser.
Create a Google Chat space you want to use for the webhook notifications.
Select the space that you have created for the webhook.
Click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the space, and select Manage Webhooks.
Specify the following:
Name: Specify the name for your webhook. For example, Sysdig
Avatar URL: Specify the URL to the avatar image you might want to add to the webhook.
Copy the full webhook URL.
Configure Sysdig Monitor
- Complete steps 1-3 in Set Up a Notification Channel to log in to the Sysdig UI.
- Select Google Chat Channel.
- Enter the URL copied from Google Chat space.
- Specify a unique channel name.
- Shared With: Choose whether to apply this channel globally (All Teams) or to a specific team from the drop-down.
- Click Save.